About the Faculty of Education
Department of Education is an integral part of Dr. K.N. Modi University, Newai, Rajasthan. Department of Education was established in the year 2017. The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of teaching-learning process at secondary and senior-secondary level among student teachers. It focuses on enabling student-teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate holistically the theory and practices to facilitate active engagement of learners for knowledge creation.
At present, the Department is running B.Ed. Prgramme. B.Ed. course is approved by NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) respective regulatory body. The Department of Education offers the courses with an intake of 100 (Two Units) in B.Ed. Programme.
At Dr. K.N. Modi University, we want to ensure that we are providing students with a deeply transformative experience – intellectually, socially and personally – that will prepare them for a life of citizenship and leadership. Over the years, it has been our deep and rich value system that has made Department of Education synonymous with quality education. Our students experience considerable flexibility, freedom, and independence in their B.Ed. programs. We constantly endeavour to offer excellent educational facilities and practices. Students who thrive in our B.Ed. programs are passionate about their subjects. We at Dr. K.N. Modi University believe that our students greatly enhance the intellectual life of the University; hence we have taken the responsibility for developing and nurturing world-class professionals, by imbuing them with what we call Thinking Quotient. It is our commitment to continuously explore new opportunities, by creating new centres of thinking, learning and growth. We believe that we begin in the classroom with exposure to new ideas, new ways of understanding, and new ways of knowing and then our students embark on a journey of intellectual transformation. Once again, I welcome you to this seat of learning, and I wish you success as you experience an unparalleled educational journey.
Dr. Shubha Sharma (Dean)
Department of Education
To spread the light of knowledge in society by providing quality teacher education and to provide an educational atmosphere in which Indian ethics and values are promoted practiced overtly and where academic achievements, discipline gracious social demeanour and full participation of students in co-curricular activities are fostered. We take pride in being a cohesive group who shares the fundamental aims where the staff specializes in excellence and high standards of achievements. We are strongly determined to achieve the real motive of education.
- To provide a conducive environment for teaching, learning with the use of modern methods & technology.
- To inspire the students to develop their personality as innovative & creative teachers with a scientific flair through various academic, co- curricular and extension activities.
- To train the students as socially sensitive, responsible & professionally skilled teachers.
PO and CO
- To enable students to understand the central concepts, tools of inquiry and structures of the disciplines of Education in general and teacher education in particular. To provide opportunities to teacher trainees that enable learning experiences to make subject matter meaningful at secondary level.
- To make the student teachers understand how children learn and develop, how they differ in their approaches to learning and create learning opportunities that benefit diverse learners and learning contexts .
- To develop the skills of student teachers to plan learning experiences in and outside the classroom that are based on learners’ existing proficiency, interests, experiences and knowledge, and enable them to understand how students come to view, develop, learn and make sense of subject matter contained in the curriculum
- To develop the capacity among student teachers to use knowledge of effective verbal, non-verbal and media communication techniques to foster active enquiry, collaboration and supportive interaction in the classroom..
- To enable the student teachers to understand and use formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous intellectual social, emotional and physical development of the learners.
- To provide student teachers self-identity as a ‘teacher’ through school based learning
experiences and reflective practices that continually evaluate the effects of their choices and actions
- To provide a rich programme of curricular and extra-curricular activities for student teachers for all round development of their personalities as also those of the students whom they teach.
- To change the behaviour, attitude and values of teacher trainees so that they shape into responsible and accountable agents of change in the society, in the perspective of local, national and global concerns and issues vital for human survival, progress and development.
Infrastructure / Facilities
|SR. NO.||FACILITIES AVAILABLE IN THE DEPARTMENT||YES/NO|
|1||FIRE SAFETY EQUIPMENTS HAVE BEEN INSTALLED AS PER BUILDING BY LAWS||YES|
|2.||FACILITIES FOR students|
4 CLASSROOMS ARE ON THE 2nd FLOOR
|INFRASTRUCRURE DETAIL AVAILABLE IN THE DEPARTMENT|
|SR. NO.||INFRASTRUCTURE||WETHER AVAILABLE: YES/NO||SIZE IN SQUARE FEET|
|b.||MULTIPURPOSE HALL (AUDITORIUM)||YES|
|d.||ICT RESOURCE CENTRE||YES|
|e.||CURRICULUM LABORATORIES -5 INCLUDING LANGUAGE LAB||YES|
|f.||ART & Aesthetic Lab||YES|
|g.||HEALTH & PHYSICAL EDUCATION RESOURCE CENTRE||YES|
|WHETHER FOLLOWING FACILITIES AVAILBALE IN THE INSTITUTION|
|SEPARATE COMMON ROOM FOR BOYS & GIRLS|
|SEPARATE TOILET FACILITY FOR BOYS & GIRLS||YES|
|SEPARATE TOILET FACILITY FOR STAFF||YES|
|OPEN SPACE FOR ADDITIONAL ACCOMODATION||YES|
Student / Faculty Achievement
Sponsored Research & Consultancy
The University frequently organises ‘Faculty Development Programmes’ aimed at enhancing the teaching and other skills of the faculty. It endeavours to make them aware about modern teaching techniques and methodologies. It provides an opportunity to acquire knowledge about current developments in relevant fields. It not only promotes the professional practices relevant to education but also motivates the faculty to achieve competitive teaching and learning environment, thus leading to development pertaining to academics and personal enhancement.
Co-Curricular and Extra-curricular
Institute Industry Interaction