Career Guidance & Counseling
The Career Guidance Unit is envisioned principally to provide assistance to students in their career planning and offers information that helps the students to give a direction to their ambitions and welfares. It believes in timely counseling and arranges training sessions that improve the students to contend with the best challenges in Industry. Career counseling programs are assumed periodically by the Training & Placement Officer to guide the students. Collaborating conferences by renowned persons in respective fields are conducted on a regular basis.
- To provide training and guidance to students on career-related matters and support them in discovering new opportunities.
- To request companies/organizations for campus placements and provide them necessary facilities for conducting written tests, Group discussion, Technical and Personal interviews etc. To organize visits to an industry and training for final year and pre-final year students that benefits them with corporate exposure.
- To organize various types and levels of training programs like mock interviews, Group discussions, Talks with eminent personalities, business communication skills and conduct model tests for various types of ability tests.
- To display various job advertisements coming in the employment news section in leading newspapers.
The recommended elementary training consists of the following modules. Timing will be based on the suitability of different batches/groups and as a part of time-table.
- Levels of Ability
- Spoken and Verbal Ability
- Training for group works and team effectiveness
- Training for Spoken English / Professional Communication skills
- Personality Development Training
- Pretend Mock Interviews
- Mock GDs
- Resume Writing & Preparation
Students are guided by counselors who help students in choosing their line of work from various choices. Attention is taken to ensure students are placed in fields where they have a propensity to do best, keeping in view their personal characters and potentials.
Career Guidance Unit
Most of the students are in a state of confusion to choose their career ahead after their respective program. The choices are many and that adding up to the grand confusion. We at DKNMU do not want our students to get intertwined with such situations and make their decision tentative and difficult. For this purpose, we set up the Career Guidance Unit. It treats each student differently. The student’s wishes and skills are estimated independently and are guided the way forward accordingly. An incorrect choice of career could be a career loss. The probable career choices could be higher education overseas, a job in hand, being an entrepreneur, doing an MBA, doing an M. Tech etc. The career guidance unit has professionals to channelize the students’ efforts and intents in a favorite manner. Career Guidance Unit is functioning as a nodal center in the University. It consists of Counseling Committee, Training and Placement Cell. The Career Guidance Cell works with the direction of faculty members and student coordinators from all streams and programs.
Dr. K.N.Modi University organizes regular career counseling sessions through maintaining Tie-ups with external agencies as mentioned:
Red Hat Academy
SMART Training Resources
Ellora Edu Ventures
A-Plus Education Solutions (Purple Leap)
Employability / Self Analysis (Online) Test
SmartPhone Compulsion Test
Self –Assessment Test
Skills & Ambition Test
Big Data/Hadoop-System Admin Track
No. of Students