PO & PSO
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO's):
- PO1:Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solutions of complex engineering problems.
- PO2:Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- PO3:Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PO4:Conduct Investigations of complex problems: Using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- PO5:Modern Tool Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an under- standing of the limitations.
- PO6:The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice
- PO7:Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PO8:Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice
- PO9:Individual and Teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- PO10:Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11:Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to owners' own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12:Lifelong Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES [PSO's]
Programme Specific Outcomes [PSO's] of B.Sc. (Mathematics)
PSO1: Graduates of the program will develop a strong knowledge base in Science
through active learning.
PSO2: Graduates of the program will be competent to pursue higher education.
PSO3: Graduates will develop skills in all functional areas of Sciences.
PSO4: Graduates will Develop professional, ethical, environmental and social
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES [PSO's]
Programme Specific Outcomes [PSO's] of B.Sc. (Zoology, Botany & Chemistry)
PSO1: Graduates of the program will have understanding of animal diversity, including knowledge of the scientific classification and evolutionary relationships of major groups of animals.
PSO2: Graduates can recognize the relationships between structure and functions at different levels of biological organization (e.g., molecules, cells, organs, organisms, populations, and species) for the major groups of animals.
PSO3: Graduates can characterize the biological, chemical, and physical features of environments (e.g., terrestrial, freshwater, marine, host) that animals inhabit. Explained how animals function and interact with respect to biological, chemical and physical processes in natural and impacted environments.
PSO4: Graduates can explain how organisms function at the level of the gene, genome, cell, tissue, organ and organ-system. Drawing upon this knowledge, they are able to give specific examples of the physiological adaptations, development, reproduction and behavior of different forms of life.
Programme Specific Outcomes [PSO's] of M.Sc. (Physics)
PEO1: Postgraduates of the program will have fundamental and advanced level knowledge in physics particularly classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, nuclear and high energy physics, solid state physics, materials science and electronics.
PEO2: Postgraduates of the program will have fundamental and advanced level knowledge in physics so as to handle the computational tools and scientific software.
PEO3: Postgraduates will be able to apply experimental expertise in basic as well as advanced areas of physics.
PEO4: Postgraduates will have necessary skills and expertise in field of research and development.
Programme Specific Outcomes [PSO's] of M.Sc. (Chemistry)
PEO1: Postgraduates of the program will gain complete knowledge about all fundamental aspects of all the elements of chemistry
PEO2: Postgraduates of the program will be competent to take challenging positions in industry, academics and government sectors by learning various analytical techniques
PEO3: Appreciates the importance of various elements present in the periodic table, coordination chemistry and structure of molecules, properties of compounds, structural determination of complexes using theories and instruments.
PEO4: Postgraduates will be able to execute new ideas in the field of research and development using principles and techniques of science learned through seminars and the dissertation.
Programme Specific Outcomes [PSO's] of M.Sc. (Mathematics)
PEO1: Postgraduates of the program will be able to understand the mathematical concepts and applications in the field of algebra, analysis, computational techniques, optimization, differential equations, engineering, finance and actuarial science.
PEO2: Postgraduates will be able to Handle the advanced techniques in algebra, analysis, computational techniques, optimization, differential equations, engineering, finance and actuarial science to analyze and design algorithms solving variety of problems related to real life problems.
PEO3: Postgraduates will be able to adopt changing scientific environment in the process of sustainable development by using mathematical tools.
PEO4: Postgraduates will be able to have necessary skills and expertise in the field of research and developments.
Programme Specific Outcomes [PSO's] of M.Sc. (Zoology)
PEO1: Postgraduates of the program will acquire knowledge on the various aspects of life sciences including Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, Genetics, Physiology, Developmental Biology, Ecobiology, Immunology, Microbiology, Evolution, Biotechnology.
PEO2: Postgraduates will be able to develop personal and key transferable skills such as group work, presentation and report writing.
PEO3: Postgraduates will acquire skills in Zoology in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
PEO4: Postgraduates will acquire techniques, skills, and modern technology necessary to communicate effectively with professional and ethical responsibility
Programme Specific Outcomes [PSO's] of M.Sc. (Botany)
PEO1: Postgraduates of the program will gain development of understanding about lower plant groups; Algae, Lichens, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Bacteria and Viruses
PEO2: Postgraduates will gain development of understanding in the area of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry (glance of physiological processes, adaptation of plants, their anatomy, biochemical aspects of different cellular processes)
PEO3: Postgraduates will be able to understand the multi functionality of plant cells in production of fine chemicals and their wide spread industrial applications.
PEO4: Postgraduates will be able to develop personal and key transferable skills such as group work, presentation and report writing.