Hostel Rules & Regulations1. A responsible person viz., parent or guardian who will comply with the formalities and procedures of admitting/vacating the hostel, must accompany candidates seeking admission for hostel accommodation. No inmate will be allowed to vacate the hostel in the middle of the academic year or semester.
2. No student will be allowed to stay in the hostel without formal admission. The inmate will automatically become the Member of Mess. The hostel is not available for lodging alone.
3. The inmate of the hostel should not normally stay in the hostel during university working hours. Incase they have to stay in the premises due to sickness, they should apply for leave as per university rules, informing warden, the reasons for staying in the hostel during working hours.
4. No member shall absent himself/herself from the hostel without prior permission from the warden and the HOD on the basis of requests from parents/local guardian.
5. Inmates of the hostel are expected to be in their rooms before 6.30 p.m. They will not be permitted to enter /leave the hostel after this time limit. Roll call will be taken at the specified time by the warden concerned. In case, the inmates have to use the library or computer labs, they are expected to obtain prior permission from the warden.
6. Strict silence should be observed between 7.00 p.m. and 7.00 a.m.
7. The names of hostel inmates who absent themselves for 15 consecutive days without prior permission will be struck off. Leave/absence will be granted only at the request of the parent or guardian.
8. The inmates are advised to take care of hostel property and not cause damage to any hostel property. The cost of damages caused in the room or in the premises will be recovered from the student.
9. Ragging in any form is illegal and is strictly prohibited. Severe action with punishment including imprisonment will be taken against those who indulge in such activities.
10. Inmates should not involve in any undesirable activities (such as smoking, drinking, gambling, writing on walls/doors etc.,)
11. The inmates must strictly adhere to the following timings of the mess.
12. Food will not be served in rooms and inmates are not allowed to take food to their rooms.
13. If an inmate is ill, the same should be reported to the warden, who will then make suitable arrangements to take care of that inmate.
14. Day scholars, friends, Parents/Guests are not permitted to enter/ stay in the hostel.
15. Strict discipline in the dining hall should be maintained and food is not to be shared from the same plate / wasted / thrown here and there.
16. Electrical switches must be put off, whenever not required / while going out of room.
17. Students are advised not to keep valuables/cash in the hostel/room but are to deposit in Post Office/Savings Bank account.
18. Each student should see that the room occupied by her/him is kept neat and clean. There is a Complaint Register with the Wardens for noting Complaints on Hygiene and Repairs.
19. A student who once reserves his/her seat by paying the fee for hostel accommodation, will not be eligible for refund if he/she chooses not to stay in the hostel.
20. Students securing less than 85% attendance in a semester will not be permitted to stay in the hostel.
21. Students will be allowed to go home only during semester holidays. In exceptional cases permission may be granted as per hostel rules.
22. Students who are coming to university late evening / night without prior permission from PRESIDENT who is Chief warden will not be allowed at the Main gate itself by the security personnel.
23. Wearing ID card is MUST at all times inside the campus just as a safety measure in the interest of students.
24. Study time is Must from 9 pm to 11 pm every day and surprise check will be done by Warden / Dy. Registrar / PRESIDENT.